Amazon's Fire TV Stick gives you the ability to turn subtitles on and off on your Smart TV. You can also change the language and appearance of subtitles on your TV using your Fire Stick. By following a few quick steps, you can make the most of your home viewing experience.
In this guide, we'll show you how to turn subtitles on and off for all your shows on Fire TV Stick. We'll also cover some frequently asked questions about Amazon's Fire TV.
How do I disable subtitles on Fire Stick?
The Fire TV Stick is a portable streaming stick that plugs into any TV. Connecting to a TV's HDMI port gives you access to a wide range of channels, movies and TV shows. Also, as long as you subscribe to the services, you can watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO and other streaming services on any TV.
Among other things, you can choose whether you want to have subtitles on your TV via the Fire TV Stick. Captions are similar to closed captions (CC) in that they display dialogue spoken by characters, speakers, or people on the screen. However, subtitles are built into the displayed program and are primarily intended to help viewers who are watching a program but need to hear dialogue in a different language.
Subtitles are now mainly used as a guide for the hearing impaired. Not only does it contain dialogue, but it can also contain which sound effects can be heard. Also, CC is usually a real-time transcription of what is being spoken, and as such may contain typographical errors.
However, if you prefer to watch TV shows without subtitles or find them annoying, there is an easy way to disable them on Fire Stick. This is how to do it:
- Play the video you want to watch.
- Press the button with three horizontal lines on the left side of the Fire TV remote: This is the "Menu" button.
- Look for the "Settings" option.
- Go to "Accessibility".
- Navigate to Closed Captions in the list.
- Turn off the Subtitles switch.
- Return to your video by pressing the "Home" button on the Fire TV remote.
That is all. Now you can watch your show without being distracted by subtitles.
How to enable subtitles on Smart TV?
The process of enabling subtitles on your smart TV may vary depending on the streaming service you subscribe to or the TV model itself. Video streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu or HBO offer different methods to change subtitle settings.
The easiest and fastest way to do this is to follow the steps below:
- Open your home screen on your smart TV.
- Go to Settings with your Fire TV remote.
- Go to "General".
- Find the "Accessibility" option in the list of settings.
- Go to "Subtitle Settings".
- Toggle the switch next to "Subtitles" to enable subtitles.
- Press the "Home" button to return to your video.
To use: Most programs support subtitles on your Smart TV, but in some rare cases the option to enable subtitles is not available.
In addition to the option to turn subtitles on and off, the Fire TV Stick allows you to change the appearance of subtitles. All these functions can be found in the "Closed Caption Settings" of your Smart TV:
- To change subtitle language, go to "Subtitle Mode". Please note that not all languages are available, but this depends on the platform you are subscribing to.
- To change the appearance of subtitles, go to Digital Subtitle Options. Here you can play around with different subtitle features like size, font, color, background and other features.
- To change the position of subtitles, go to Detach subtitles. Some viewers prefer subtitles to appear at the top of the screen instead of the bottom.
How do I disable subtitles in the Cinema app on Fire Stick?
Cinema HD is a movie streaming app that allows you to watch movies, TV shows and many other programs online. If you are interested in how to disable subtitles in Cinema app, then follow these steps:
- Start playing your video on Fire TV.
- Look for the closed caption (CC) icon on the screen. The CC icon should be white, which means subtitles are on.
- Using the Fire TV remote, navigate to the caption icon and press it.
- It will turn black automatically, which means you have successfully disabled subtitles.
That is all. Now you can continue watching your movie without subtitles. If you change your mind, you can always turn it back on in a moment.
How to reactivate Netflix subtitles?
Enabling and disabling subtitles is different on Netflix. After disabling them, just go to the settings and enable them again. Follow the steps below to find out how to do it:
1. Turn on the video.
3. Using the Fire TV remote, press the Up button on the directional pad.
4. Locate "Audio and Subtitles" in the list of options.
5. Go to Subtitles section.
6. Select the desired subtitles (eg "CC in English").
8. Press the "Home" button on the Fire TV remote.
Subtitles should work normally at this point. In some cases, the subtitles you are looking for may not be available, but this depends on the platform and streaming service.
How to enable subtitles on Amazon Fire Stick?
If you want to enable subtitles on Amazon Fire Stick, follow these steps:
1.Start playing a video of your choice.
2. Pause the video.
3. Use the Fire TV app to access the "Menu" icon (or just press the three horizontal lines button on the Fire TV remote).
4. Find "Subtitles & Audio" in the list of options.
5. Go to "Subtitles and Subtitles".
6. Activate the button “Subtitles and Subtitles”.
7. Choose the language in which you want to read subtitles.
8. Press the "Menu" button on the Fire TV remote again to save your settings.
How do I disable subtitles permanently?
You cannot permanently disable subtitles on your Fire TV Stick. This is because Fire TV is tied to other video streaming services and each one has its different method of managing subtitles and subtitles. Because of this, you would have to disable this feature every time you watch a new TV show or movie.
However, to access more options to manage your subtitles/subtitle settings, you can visit this pagewww.amazon.com/cc. If you go to "Subtitle Settings" and "Subtitle Appearance", you have several options to change the appearance and placement of your subtitles.
How to get rid of subtitles?
Removing subtitles can be done in several ways, depending on the type of video streaming service you are using. We have already shown you how to manage subtitles on Netflix. Here are some other streaming platforms where subtitles can be turned off:
Amazon Prime Video
1. Pause the video you started watching.
2. Go to Menu icon.
3. Find "Subtitles" in the list of options.
4.Use the directional pad to highlight "Off" or "On" in the settings.
5.Select the language of your subtitles.
6. Press "Play" on the Fire TV remote control.
1. Pause your video using the "Pause" button on your Fire TV remote.
2.Press the up button on the directional pad.
3.Search for "Subtitles and Subtitles".
4. Check "Off" to remove subtitles.
5. Go to "Subtitle Language" and select the desired language.
6.To go back, press the Down button twice.
7.Press the "Play" button to continue the video.
1. Pause your YouTube video.
2. On the Fire TV remote, press the left button on the directional circle.
3. Highlight the "CC" icon.
4. Use the remote control to press "Up" to turn subtitles on and "Down" to turn them off.
5. Press the back button on your remote.
Make (disappear) your subtitles on Fire Stick.
Now you already know how to enable and disable subtitles and subtitles on different streaming platforms with your Fire TV Stick. You also learned how to change the language and appearance of subtitles on Fire TV. Now all TV shows and movies you want to watch on Fire TV will be played according to your personal preferences.
Have you already disabled subtitles on your Fire TV Stick? Did you follow any of the methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section.