- The Sims is one of EA's most popular franchises, with millions of players signing up every day.
- Unfortunately, many users have reported that they cannot change the Sims 4 language across platforms, which can cause frustration.
- Our guide covers the steps required to change the language of your Sims 4, no matter what platform or device you're playing on (Origin, Steam, PS4, etc.).
- CPU, RAM and network limiter with hot tab killer
- Integrated directly into Twitch, Discord, Instagram, Twitter and Messenger
- Built-in sound control and custom music
- Custom Razer Chroma color themes and forced dark sides
- Free VPN and ad blocker
- Download Opera GX
Sims 4 is a very popular game loved by gamers around the world. It is natural that some of them would rather have the game in a different language than the default one or just try different languages to see which ones they prefer.
This is what a user says:
I downloaded thoseSims 4and it turns out that thereproduceIt's in Spanish if myThoseThe account is set to English. How do I change the language of the game? Thanks!
Changing the language in The Sims 4 isn't as easy as it sounds, but it sure is possible. This article explains how to change the language in Sims 4 and lists the elements that condition this process.
What languages is The Sims 4 available in?
The Sims 4 will be available in multiple languages. Therefore, almost anyone on the planet can have endless hours of fun without worrying about language barriers.
These are the languages in which you can play The Sims 4:
|French||Swedish||Norwegian||Brazilian Portuguese||Traditional Chinese)||Korean|
Now that we've cleared up any possible concerns you might have about not understanding the gameplay and story of The Sims 4, let's tackle how to quickly change the language.
As age or language not The Sims 4?
- What languages is The Sims 4 available in?
- As age or language not The Sims 4?
- ➡ Change language in Sims 4 PS4/PS5
- ➡ Change Sims 4 language on Xbox
- ➡ Change The Sims 4 language on Steam
- - Game language setting
- - Steam language setting
- ➡ Change Sims 4 language in Origin
- ➡ Change the language of The Sims 4 in the Windows registry editor
- ➡ Change game configuration file
- ➡ Use The Sims 4 voice changer
- Can you get The Sims to speak English?
Depending on your device, the in-game language change process will be slightly different, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
➡ Change language in Sims 4 PS4/PS5
- OpenThe definitionPS-Panels.
- Scroll down until you findlanguageon the list. Then open it by pressingx.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down list that appears.
- The game will now start in the selected language.
➡ Change Sims 4 language on Xbox
- open thismenu xbox do.
- ChooseThe definition.
- click insystem settings.
- the introduceconsole configurationPossibility.
- find itLanguage and regional settingsinsert and clicklanguage.
- Select the language you want from the list.
➡ Change The Sims 4 language on Steam
- Game language setting
- open yoursteam library.
- Right click on the Sims 4 game and select itCharacteristics(For the example we use Counter-Strike).
- open thislanguageEyelash.
- Choose the language you would like to use by clicking on the drop down menu.
- Steam language setting
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- give clicksteamno menu superior.
- open thisThe definition.
- click noInterface manual.
- Choose your preferred language from the drop down menu.
- give clickACCORDING TOand choose theRestart SteamPossibility.
➡ Change Sims 4 language in Origin
Changing the Sims 4 language in the EA app called Origin is a simple task:
- Sign in to your Origin customer account.
- open thismy game libraryoption by clicking on it.
- Right click on the Sims 4 entry and selectgame features.
- click noAdvanced boot optionsand select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
As you can see, changing the language of your Sims 4 game on Origin is very simple. If you use a different configuration to play this game, read on.
➡ Change the language of The Sims 4 in the Windows registry editor
Other users have confirmed that the solution below works and allows you to change Sims 4 language without Origin.
This is a recommended method for Windows users who don't like Origin, have the game on Steam, or don't have an official copy of the game.
2. Enterrunand click on the first result to launch the Run dialog box.
3. In the Run box, type the followingto ruleand then clickAfter.
Some PC problems are difficult to solve, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having trouble correcting an error, your system may be partially corrupted.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your computer and identify the error.
click hereDownload and start repairing.
4. Go to the following destination:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/Maxis/Los Sims 4
5. Change thebravery localinto the desired language. For example addpt_BR for Brazilian Portuguese.
- Project Playtime could not connect to the server: how do I fix it?
- Fix: Subnautica crashes/freezes on Windows PCs
- [Fixed] Valheim crashes on loading world - 3 quick ways
- Fix – High GPU usage when playing Minecraft
➡ Change game configuration file
If you don't want to edit the registry, you can change itRIdOrigin. thisfile, file. First navigate to the folder where you installed The Sims 4 and then open theGameBinRldOrigin. thisimpostorBlock.
Look for the "Language" line and you'll see a semicolon at the beginning of the line.
Remove the semicolon to enable the language of your choice. You can also change the language using the following codes:
cs_CZ = check
da_DK = Danish
de_DE = German
en_US = American English
es_ES = Spanish (Spain)
fi_FI = Finnish
fr_FR = Francés (France)
it_IT = Italian
ha_JP = Japanese
ko_KR = Korean
nl_NL = Dutch
no_NO = Norwegian
pl_PL = Polaco
pt_BR = Portuguese (Brazil)
ru_RU = Russian
sv_SE = Swedish
zh_TW= chinos (traditional)
Save the file, start the game and you're done. However, for the special case that you cannot access the folder or have problems with the file explorer, we have preparedthis complete guideto overcome any problem.
If you don't like Notepad or are looking for an alternative, check out this listApps for taking notesand choose one that is right for you.
It is noteworthy that The Sims 4 is only available in Russian and Polish in the CIS countries. Unfortunately, this means that players cannot change the language of the game.
➡ Use The Sims 4 voice changer
We have to be more preciseYou download these files at your own risk., as our security systems cannot examine the source of the download.
However, the same installer was downloaded, scanned with an antivirus and installed on our systems to ensure that it does not pose any threat to your system.
- Update the game to the latest version to download all languages.
- Download The Sims 4 Voice Changer Installer.
- Open it and select your preferred language.
Can you get The Sims to speak English?
Unfortunately, you cannot set your Sims to speak English. Sims can only speak Simlish, their own custom language created by the game's developer.
Not all games switch language based on the system language, so these steps can help significantly.
For more fun playing, check out our articleHow to install mods sims 4.
If you know any other solution to the problem, please share it with us in the comment section below. Also leave any other questions and we will take a look.
This article covers:Subjects:
- Die Sims 4
This page was helpful
There are 2 comments
Leave a message
On The Sims™ 4 Base Game, right click and choose Game Properties. Click on Advanced Launch Options and choose the desired language from the drop-down menu.How do I change the language of a game manually? ›
Right-click on the game name and select properties. Click on the language tab and select your desired language. Any language packs that need to be downloaded will then be done automatically. When you relaunch the game, it should play in the language you selected.Why i can't change my language in Sims 4? ›
Re: Can't change language on multi-lingual copy of Sims 4
Try to repair the game. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair. See if you then have more language options.
The Simlish is supposed to mean nothing, any sequence of characters is correctly written in Simlish . However, since there is a correspondence between Simlish symbols and the letters of the Latin alphabet, it is possible to translate certain words into English.How do I change my game language to English? ›
Go to Start > Settings > Time & language > Region & language. Choose one of your languages and then select Options.Can I make my Sims speak English? ›
The Sims speak their own language - Simlish! If you can see the menus in English, your game is already in English, it's not possible to make Sims speak any language other than their own.Is it possible to translate a game? ›
It depends on how big the video game is. If the translation project is only for a small mobile game, a few people may be able to handle the different tasks required. However, for major PC and console (PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo) video games, the job would need several people specially to do the dubbing.How do you write in another language in a game? ›
If you have more than one language available in your PC, it can be changed on the fly by default by pressing [ALT]+[Shift]. This will work either in-game or in Windows.How do I switch between languages on my keyboard? ›
Click the language icon on the Language bar, which should appear on your task bar near where the clock is, and then click the language that you want to use. Keyboard shortcut: To switch between keyboard layouts, press Alt+Shift.How do I reset my language? ›
- On your Android device, tap Settings .
- Tap System Languages & input. Languages. If you can't find "System," then under "Personal," tap Languages & input Languages.
- Tap Add a language. and choose the language that you want to use.
- Drag your language to the top of the list.
- Hello – Sul sul.
- Baby – Nooboo.
- I'm hungry – Oh feebee lay.
- Milk – Lalo.
- Very good – Ooh be gah.
- Dog – Woofum.
- Goodbye – Dag dag.
- This is cool – Whippna choba dog.
'Yibs' means 'Yes' in Simlish ^.How do you say baby in Simlish? ›
During scouting events in Generations, a child may ask "Where do nooboos come from?" ("Nooboo" is the Simlish word for baby.)What is simpish? ›
simpish (comparative more simpish, superlative most simpish) Characteristic of a simp; simpy, foolish.Can you be fluent in Simlish? ›
Having no attachment to actual words and languages, the gibberish that eventually became Simlish almost completely removed the need to localise voices and text in The Sims' world. However, this means that no matter how hard we try, it's nearly impossible to learn Simlish.Can you change games language switch? ›
Yes, your Switch games can also change language according to your console settings. However, it depends on the game and developer if it is automatic. For example, in games like Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu, it will automatically change to your preferred Switch language.What game can improve English? ›
Charades. This traditional English game is a fun way to improve your comprehension and communication skills. Each player takes a card that tells them the name of a book, film, TV show, song, word, phrase or action to act out – or players can think of their own. The player then has to act this out without speaking.How do you change the language on a game app? ›
- On your Android phone, open your Settings app.
- Tap System Languages & input. App languages.
- Select the app you want to change.
- Choose a language.
Development. Simlish was created because Will Wright, creator of The Sims, knew that the game needed dialogue, but thought that using real-life languages such as English would cause the dialogue to be repetitive and would be expensive translating the entire dialogue Sims may say.Can sims speak different languages? ›
Sims can learn another language by using Simlingo, reading a textbook, or interacting with other sims who speak it. Communication between sims is limited when they do not share a language. New interactions unlock as you learn more of the other sim's language(s).
Simlish, the gibberish language spoken by the characters of The Sims, has always been one of the most immediately recognizable aspects of its worlds. The garbled gab is as colorful as it is emotive, and it brings a comedic flair to the popular simulation game.How can I write in different languages? ›
- Open the Control Panel and go to the Region and Language section.
- Go to the Keyboards and Languages tab and click Change keyboards...
- To add a new language, click the Add button, and scroll through the languages to find the one you want.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap System. Languages & input.
- Under "Keyboards," tap Virtual keyboard.
- Tap Gboard. Languages.
- Pick a language.
- Turn on the layout you want to use.
- Tap Done.
The answer is C++. Because most of the games are written in C++ and it's also good for developing cheats. If you will learn or have good hands on the syntax of one programming language you can learn another easily.What is the fastest way to relearn a language? ›
Reading is also an excellent way to recover your vocab, as is watching movies and listening to podcasts in the language. Getting a variety of practice will help reactivate your inactive knowledge! Another approach you might take is going to a Duolingo Class or finding conversation partners.Is it possible to forget your language? ›
The struggle to retain my first language feels isolating but isn't unique; it's a shared pain common among first- and second-generation immigrants. This phenomenon is known as first-language attrition, the process of forgetting a first or native language.When did Sims 5 release? ›
Despite a rocky launch in 2014, the game has shown impressive longevity thanks to a stream of new packs, regular free base game updates, and a loyal, passionate fanbase. But on October 18, 2022, EA and Maxis offered a first glimpse at the future of the franchise. Here's everything you need to know about The Sims 5.What is goodbye in Simlish? ›
1/18 "Dag Dag" Or "Goodbye"
No other Simlish phrase on this list could be more useful in everyday life.
After plenty of rumours and speculation, The Sims 5 is official. It is being developed under the codename "Project Rene" and is still some way off from release, but the team behind it confirmed some details during The Sims Summit streamed online on 18 October 2022.Why is Sims 4 in a different language? ›
For The Sims, the characters speak Simlish, a language created by the game creator himself, Will Wright. He revealed that the created the language because the video game needed to have a dialogue.
Simlish was created because Will Wright, creator of The Sims, knew that the game needed dialogue, but thought that using real-life languages such as English would cause the dialogue to be repetitive and would be expensive translating the entire dialogue Sims may say.What languages is Sims 4 available in? ›
Simlish, the gibberish language spoken by the characters of The Sims, has always been one of the most immediately recognizable aspects of its worlds. The garbled gab is as colorful as it is emotive, and it brings a comedic flair to the popular simulation game.